Artists and Artwork
– How are items selected for inclusion on your site?
At codigo-sur, we are always looking for extraordinary new works of art, craft, and design. Because we are committed to offering a collection of the highest quality, every artist must go through a rigorous jurying process to be accepted to our site. Our Artistic Advisory Panel—headed by Michael Monroe, former curator-in-charge of the Smithsonian’s Renwick Gallery—selects only those artists who meet or exceed our expectations.
– Is everything on your website made in the USA or Canada?
All artwork, home decor, and jewelry is created by artists in the USA or Canada. We are proud to represent some of the most talented artists working in North America today.
Most apparel and shoes are designed by American artists and made in the USA. Occasionally, some of our American designers collaborate with makers in other countries to create specific pieces. We also offer select pieces by small-batch international designers who meet our high standards. We always indicate where every shoe or piece of apparel was made.
– Do you offer special orders or custom work?
Yes. Some artists are happy to alter the dimensions, colors, or other details of a work of art to suit your needs. Depending upon the modification, this may change the price of the item. Please contact Customer Care at 1-877-223-4600 for assistance with special orders.
– Is all art on your site one of a kind?
The artwork we offer can be classified in three ways: one of a kind, limited edition, and production.
- One of a kind means the artwork you are viewing is the only one created. It is a unique work of art.
- Limited edition means the artist will only create a predetermined number of a piece. For some artists, each piece in an edition will be an identical, original work of art. For others, each piece will vary within a particular palette, size range, etc. Often, the pieces will be signed and numbered by the artist.
- Production means the artist is willing to create the same piece over and over. Each piece may vary slightly in size and color, as each is an individual work of art.
– I am an artist and I would like to sell my work on your site. How do I apply?
You are welcome to apply to sell through the codigo-sur.
– How do I care for my artwork?
Although original works of art are made with durability and longevity in mind, there are a few simple things you can do to enhance your artwork’s lifespan. Find out more about caring for artwork.
Placing an Order
– I prefer not to place my order online. Is there another way I can order?
Yes. You may also place an order by calling Customer Care at 1-877-223-4600.
– Can I place an order from an international address?
We’re sorry, but we cannot currently ship to locations outside the United States and Canada.
– When is my credit card charged?
Your credit card is charged at the time your order is placed. The artists and designers who sell through codigo-sur are working from independent studios, and in many cases, they are making items specifically to fill your order. Getting payment up front allows artists to more easily cover the costs of making your artwork.
– Why are orders shipping to Wisconsin addresses taxed?
codigo-sur is based in Madison, Wisconsin. According to state and federal tax rules, we are required to collect sales tax on any item shipped to a Wisconsin address.
– Can I pay with a check or money order?
Yes, but you must call Customer Care at 877.223.4600 before using one of these payment types. We will not accept them otherwise. Also, note that all authorized check and money order payments will be held for 10 business days.
– What is the codigo-sur Rewards program?
The codigo-sur Rewards program is a way for you to enjoy some great benefits at codigo-sur, including free shipping on apparel and early access to sale events.
– Does it cost anything to be a member?
No. Participating in the codigo-sur Rewards program is completely free.
– I don’t want to receive codigo-sur emails. Can I still be a member of the codigo-sur Rewards program?
Unfortunately, no. You must be subscribed to codigo-sur emails in order to be an codigo-sur Rewards member and receive the benefits of the program.
– When will my order ship?
Some pieces are made to order by the artist, while other pieces are created ahead of time. Therefore, ship times for each piece will vary. You can find the ship time for any piece on its product page; look for the words “This piece ships on or before…”
After placing your order, you will receive an email telling you when to expect its arrival. Once your order has shipped, you will receive another email that includes the shipper’s tracking information.
If you have questions about delivery times or tracking packages, please email us at [email protected] or call 1-877-223-4600.